So, what does our care “look” like?
• Diagnosis and thorough treatment plan, after gathering extensive history and performing physical exam
• Laboratory testing with in-office blood collection, and take-home kits as needed
• Follow up care to review results, assess progress, and fine-tune treatment
• In-office procedures, such as Pap/pelvic/breast exam, minor skin lesion biopsy/removal, suturing, wart treatment, and skin tag removal.
• Coordination of care with medical specialists/hospitalists, as well as other practitioners in the community, such as physical therapists, acupuncturists, chiropractors, massage therapists, craniosacral therapists, psychologists, and others.
Next, our philosophy and approach that takes
standard health care to another level
We wake up each day excited to provide integrative and functional medical care to patients seeking more than what the typical physician offers. You wake up each day as a complex individual living a life that is unique to you. We honor each person’s path, and are trained to identify those key elements that impact health and risk of illness. This means our approach to understanding our patients and their issues goes deeper than typical Western medicine.
In addition, our toolkit for diagnosing and treating illnesses and conditions goes beyond standard blood/urine tests and pharmaceutical medications. We utilize standard lab tests, available at steep discounts in our office, but we also incorporate extensive thyroid/adrenal/hormone testing of blood, urine and saliva. We explore biomarkers and vitamin/mineral deficiencies, and target treatment to correct imbalances. For certain problems, we will utilize genetic testing, heavy metals testing, gut function and microbiome analysis, and immune function testing.
As for therapies, our treatments always include lifestyle modification and nutrition recommendations. We focus on balanced nutrition and metabolic function, healthy detoxification, and herbal medicine. Mind-body health is encouraged through exercise, stress reduction, mindfulness, meditation, yoga and other movement. Natural remedies, including herbs, supplements, and nutraceuticals, are regularly offered. IV nutrition therapies are scheduled in the office when appropriate. When there is a pharmaceutical medication that works better than a natural remedy, we will discuss and offer that option, and we’ll ultimately work within your comfort level to provide care that makes sense to you. It’s vital you understand what we discover and why we propose each treatment plan.